Easy to make recipe perfect for a gathering of friends on an Autumn evening especially if it’s Halloween or Bonfire Night it suits any occasion. Pumpkins are everywhere and their contents shouldn’t be thrown away and wasted. Try this quick and easy soup from AllRecipes:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 15g butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 2 small fresh red chillies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemongrass
- 500ml chicken stock
- 350ml coconut milk
- 475g peeled and diced pumpkin
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
Prep:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil and butter over low heat. Cook garlic, shallots, chillies and lemon grass until fragrant (be careful not to burn the garlic). Stir in chicken stock, coconut milk and pumpkin; bring to the boil. Cook until pumpkin softens.
- In a blender, blend the soup in batches to a smooth or slightly chunky consistency, whatever you prefer. Serve garnished with basil leaves.